By SOREN OLESEN Becoming an American citizen is mostly about following the process and educating yourself. First, you have to apply and make sure you submit all the relevant documents. For example, I had to provide proof that I had signed up for Selective Service back in 1989 when I got married and applied for my first green card or Resident Alien card as they call them. I kinda hope that I haven’t scared any little children too much, on my school bus over the years when I showed them my official alien card and told them I was a real alien and they better sit in their seats facing forward or else. After your application is approved, you are scheduled for a biometric appointment and at that appointment you are provided with some study materials for your citizenship test. You have to know the answers to 100 questions, but they only ask about 10 at the test. If you provided the documentation and your biometrics didn't turn up any violations you are scheduled for a citizenship test wit...
By Annie Nwosu The FCT Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) has warned FCT residents to avoid flooded areas to avert the dangers of becoming victims of flood. The Director-General of FEMA, Alhaji Idriss Abbas, gave the warning in a statement on Sunday, NAN reports. Abbas said most of the deaths recorded in the past from flood in the FCT were as a result of non-compliance to instructions and early warnings. He also emphasized the need for residents to adhere strictly to instructions and early warnings from relevant authorities. He further revealed that the Search and Rescue team of the agency recently discovered the body of one Mr Garba Joseph, 43-year-old from Akoka-Edo of Edo State, after two days search from a flooded river around TradeMore Estate, Lugbe, in Abuja “Narrating the incident, an eyewitness account said one of FEMA’s volunteers, Kenneth Chima who captured the incident on video explained that they were four men that tried walking through the water. “He said they were war...
A man has died of the coronavirus in the Philippines, the first confirmed fatality outside China. The death was confirmed shortly after the Philippines halted the arrivals of foreign travellers from China The patient was a 44-year-old Chinese man from Wuhan, in Hubei province, where the virus was first detected. He appeared to have been infected before arriving in the Philippines, the World Health Organization (WHO) said. More than 300 people have died in the outbreak so far, the vast majority from Hubei. More than 14,000 people have been infected. The US, Australia and an increasing number of other countries have barred the arrival of foreigners from China and are requiring their own citizens to be quarantined. The number of coronavirus cases worldwide has overtaken that of the similar Sars epidemic, which spread to more than two dozen countries in 2003. But the mortality rate of the new virus is much lower, suggesting it is not as deadly. The man travelled t...
Written by U.D. Okechukwu Another Wednesday has come! Follow up our exciting story series episode 1,2&3 on our facebook page. Continued from last week...watch the live movie scene. The owner of the shop Mr. Kalu and the market woman made a move to plead on behalf of Punto and Checheskey.
An aerial photo taken on September 5, 2021 of the Nanquan section of the just-opened Taihu tunnel in east China's Jiangsu Province. Credit: Li Bo/Xinhua via Getty Images BY Yong Xiong and Karla Cripps, After nearly four years of construction, China's longest underwater highway tunnel is now open to vehicle traffic. At a length of 10.79 kilometers (6.65 miles), the Taihu tunnel stretches under Lake Taihu in eastern China's Jiangsu Province, about 50 kilometers east of Shanghai. According to government officials in Jiangsu, the tunnel was built at a cost 9.9 billion yuan (about $1.56 billion). Construction began on January 9, 2018. Over 2 million cubic meters of concrete were used to build the two-way tunnel, which has six lanes and is 17.45 meters wide, reports China's official news agency, Xinhua. The ceiling of the tunnel has been outfitted with colorful LED lights, designed to prevent driver fatigue. A view of the LED ceiling installed in the 10.79-kilometer tunnel u...
Breaking By Demola Ojo All existing old N1000 and N500 notes remain redeemable at the CBN and designated points, he said. Nigeria President Muhammadu Buhari has directed the Central Bank of Nigeria to allow the old 200 Naira notes remain legal tender until April 10, 2023, in order to improve naira circulation in the country and ease pains experienced by Nigerians due to a currency redesign policy. In the Thursday morning address, he expressed his sympathy with citizens over difficulties caused by the implementation of new monetary policies. To give succour to the citizenry he said, “I have given approval to the CBN that the old N200 bank notes be released back into circulation and that it should also be allowed to circulate as legal tender with the new N200, N500, and N1000 banknotes for 60 days from February 10, 2023 to April 10 2023 when the old N200 notes ceases to be legal tender. “In line with Section 20(3) of the CBN Act 2007, all existing old N1000 and N500 notes remain red...
In Uganda, according to the custom of the Banyankole community tribe, the aunt of the bride must have sex with the groom as a "potency test", and furthermore, has to test the bride's virginity, when the couple wants to get married. Some traditions assert that the husband would first have sex with the aunt before proceeding to have it with the bride. Another says that the duty of the aunt was to prove the potency of the groom by just watching the sexual intercourse between the bridegroom and her niece. credit: Black And Proud Thank you for reading. Kindly share also.
•Mr. Thompson Emmanuel at the hospital...yesterday Some of the survivors of Saturday’s collapsed church building in Uyo, the Akwa Ibom State capital, have recounted their ordeal, saying they escaped by the grace of God.