TOUCHING STORY: HOW I WAS RAPED INSIDE THE TOILET IN AJEGULE COMMUNITY

By John Chikezie

According to her, while being led in evidence by a State Prosecuting Counsel, A.O. Alagbe: “I was 11 years old when Baba Aliyah raped me inside our toilet. Baba Aliyah is a former neighbour in my compound at Olodi Apapa.

“The house we lived in was a bungalow. And we had about 18 to 19 rooms in the compound.

“On the 9th of March, 2018 at 8pm, I went to the toilet to poo (defecate) when Baba approached me. He was wearing a black shorts and a white singlet.

“He came to the toilet, pushed me to the wall and put his penis into my anus (referring to vagina). Immediately blood started coming out from my anus and it stained my night gown.

“When he left me, I felt severe pain in my anus and from the little bruises on my arm. I later washed off the blood on my bum-bum and the bloodstain on my gown.

“The next morning, he gave me N200, and my mum questioned me about the money and I told her it was Baba Aliyah who gave it to me.

“I was so afraid she would flog me and I ran out of the house. On my way, I met a group of people who saw me crying and I explained everything to them.

“It was those people that immediately took me to a police station (Tolu Police Station) and I was asked to write a statement. They police then gave us a letter to take to the general hospital and we were referred to Mirabel Centre for a medical examination. At the centre, they ran some tests on me.”

When asked why she didn’t scream when the defendant attacked her, the minor said: “I was an asthmatic patient. It was when the asthma started that I went to the toilet. Baba also covered my mouth with his hands that was why I couldn’t shout.

“This wasn’t the first time he had tried to sexually abuse me. He had attempted to rape me several times but I escaped.”

Justice Sybil Nwaka of an Ikeja Special Offences and Domestic Violence Court, Lagos on Wednesday heard how a 42-year-old carpenter, Wasiu Rasheed, aka “Baba Aliyah” defiled a 13-year-old girl (name withheld) in Lagos.

Rasheed, who had earlier denied the allegation, is standing trial on a one-count charge of defilement.

The offence is contrary to Section 137 of the Criminal law of Lagos State, 2015.

However, the 13-year-old victim told the court that the defendant had, on several occasions, made attempts to rape her before he finally succeeded on March 9, 2018.

The victim, a pupil at the community comprehensive secondary school, said that the defendant was a neighbour at their former residence at No 18 Mustapha Street, Olodi-Apapa Lagos where the incident occurred.

Thank you for reading. Kindly share also.

Comments

NOW ON SALE WORLDWIDE!!!!!! THE FOUR STONES - The Battle of the Four Realms - BY UCHECHUKWU DANIEL

MORE COMMUNITY HEADLINES

GCR EDITOR PUBLISHES THIRD BOOK - BAGS ANOTHER LEADERSHIP CERTIFICATE

NYSC MEMBER INFORMS PEOPLE WITH DISABILITY IN OSHODI, LAGOS

16 YEAR OLD BOY FOUND DEAD IN A POOL AT FESTAC TOWN COMMUNITY

WORLD'S OLDEST MAN DIES AT 116 IN SOUTH AFRICA

QUEEN OF ENGLAND VISITS VICTIMS OF THE MANCHESTER ATTACK