"ALL THE FEELS" - BY NUHU MUHAMMAD BIN HASHIM, THE STRIVING MUSLIM

What I wanted to tell my big sister (Mariam) on her graduation day....
Unfortunately I was not there to convey this message in person...
The summer before I started Uni I chose to take a leap into the unknown. I applied to University thinking that eventually I’d advance my studies by attending (Madarash) I told myself I would work during the week days and attend lectures on weekends.

Placing my dream on the back burner of my future life. At the time, I was too scared to chase what I truly wanted. I thought I needed a “practical” path for my life and that didn’t include a career in becoming a professional counselor. I was close to giving up on a dream I hadn’t even tried pursuing yet. Then my sister stepped in.

After the death of mummy and daddy she became my all, although we quarrel and disagree on almost everything but always come to terms 
During my first semester, I called my sister more times than I probably should have, complaining and whining over everything.

She would answer and tell me I was okay, that I was growing, Each conversation left me with ease and confidence. One particular day when I was worrying about the unknown future, she encouraged me to put my writing out into the world. She reminded me the worst thing was someone said no. So I did. And six months later, I am still putting my voice out there. She believed in my ability to succeed like I believed in her ability to conquer the science world.

Since then, my sister has continued to believe in me. She always answers my freak-out calls, and is there to read whatever I am feeling too nervous to share. While chasing her own dreams, she continues to support mine with words of admonition.
Now, it’s my turn.

This day (19th march), my sister graduated from the University, with what I am sure is a lot of fear and hope for the future. She is taking on the real world with confidence and skill, ready to start her career as a botanists. As her baby brother, I couldn’t be prouder. I couldn’t be more inspired. After watching my sister fight through hardships in life and difficulties in school, I believe any dream is possible if you want it enough. My sister showed me that I should never back down from my future, that I should continuously take chances, and that a little bit of support goes a long way.

For the next three years, my sister’s success and accomplishments will continue to remind me the importance of dreaming and chasing and believing. For the next three years, I hope to be there for my sister in all the ways she was there for me through her support. But if I can’t be there for her, I know she will be okay. She is my older sister, and she is a warrior.

Mariam Talatu Mohammed I love you...

Comments

NOW ON SALE WORLDWIDE!!!!!! THE FOUR STONES - The Battle of the Four Realms - BY UCHECHUKWU DANIEL

MORE COMMUNITY HEADLINES

KIRIKIRI TOWN IS MOSTLY AFFECTED BY SHIP WRECKAGE - NAVY

WAR AGAINST FAKE DRUGS STORED IN COMFORT OBOH WAREHOUSE IN KIRIKIRI COMMUNITY

COMMUNITIES IN ITALY OPENS SHOP AND BARS AFTER LOCKDOWN