PROPHET WITH HAIR REACHING HIS TOES - PHOTO TAKEN IN KIRIKIRI TOWN

By Andy Akhigbe.
I finally got to visit the Kirikiri Maximum Prison this morning in company of my secondary school friend of the 80s. He is in charge of the Prison Ministry of his church and we have had this trip to the prison cancelled a couple of times until this morning. A detailed account of my encounter with the prison inmates would come on Storried shortly.


After a church service attended by over 200 inmates, we got out of the prison and we were driving to the main entrance when I saw a man with his hair reaching his toes. The car continued as I pleaded with my friend to reverse so that I can take a photograph with this Prophet. My friend was reluctant, but he said he would wait for me to get down to take the photograph with this Prophet. I rushed towards the post where the Armed Guards were positioned. I met the Prophet standing with the Armed Guards and having a chat with them. I asked to have his photograph taken. Initially he was reluctant, but he was not dismissive because he behaved as if he knew why I came to him for a photograph. The smile after the initial reluctance gave him away as a man who knew I was drawn to him because of his long hair. He asked me if I had a camera after the Armed Guard also encouraged him to grant my request.


I called one of the Armed Guards to assist me and I could notice the Prophet throwing down the hair in front of him so that I can have the full length of the hair on camera. He knew that was all I wanted from him and he gave it to me willingly.

I am so glad that I got this shot.

Comments

NOW ON SALE WORLDWIDE!!!!!! THE FOUR STONES - The Battle of the Four Realms - BY UCHECHUKWU DANIEL

MORE COMMUNITY HEADLINES

1000 SUV TAXIS LAUNCHED IN LAGOS STATE

PHOTO: LORAL INTERNATIONAL SCHOOL WINS 2017 AFRICA TOP SCHOOL AWARD

NIGERIA PRISON SERVICE RESPONDS TO FRAUDULENT MINDS

WORLD'S OLDEST MAN DIES AT 116 IN SOUTH AFRICA

11 PASSENGERS ESCAPE MOTOR ACCIDENT ON LAGOS-IBADAN EXPRESWAY

2 YEARS IN OFFICE: HON. OGHENE EGOH WRITES HIS ACHIEVEMENTS TO AMUWO ODOFIN CONSTITUENTS